SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — T.J. Gibbs scored 19 points and made 5-of-6 3-pointers, John Mooney notched his nation-leading 22nd double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds, and hot-shooting Notre Dame rolled to an 87-71 victory over Miami.
Prentiss Hubb added 15 points and 10 assists as the Fighting Irish won for the sixth time in eight games.
DJ Vasiljevic, Isaiah Wong and Harlond Beverly each scored 12 points for the Hurricanes, who saw their three-game win streak snapped.
Notre Dame converted 14 of 31 from 3-point range, including 10 of 18 in the first half while building a 48-29 lead.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- AAA tips on how to keep your car running well while unused during pandemic
- Clayton nursing home workers concerned after resident tests positive for COVID-19
- US extends $350B lifeline to small businesses
- Despite beautiful weekend weather ahead, Cooper urges NC residents not to make beach trips
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now