SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) – John Mooney’s 28 points moved him past 1,000 for his career and Notre Dame ran away from Georgia Tech in the second half for an 80-72 victory Saturday.
Mooney, who picked up his nation-leading 17th double-double with 10 rebounds, was 9-of-18 shooting for the Fighting Irish, who won their second straight league game.
T.J. Gibbs scored 19 points, Dane Goodwin 14 and Rex Pflueger 13 for Notre Dame, which shot 47% (24 of 51) for the game.
Jose Alvarado scored 25 points to lead Georgia Tech.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake County man facing new indecent liberties with a child charges
- VIDEO: Man steals police SUV, leads cops on 20-mile chase before capture
- Myrtle Beach businesses skeptical of Biden’s plan to raise minimum wage to $15 an hour
- Marijuana, Xanax, guns, cash seized in Lee County drug bust
- NC frontline worker and mom of 2 loses home in fire