RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – DJ Funderburk scored a career-high 22 points to help North Carolina State beat Appalachian State 72-60.
Devon Daniels added 18 points and 11 rebounds for the Wolfpack (10-3), who made just 5 of 25 3-point attempts in their final nonconference game of the regular season.
One game after his first triple-double, Markell Johnson had 12 points and a career-high 11 rebounds for N.C. State.
Justin Forrest scored 25 points to lead Appalachian State (8-5). N.C. State played without C.J. Bryce, who leads the team in scoring (16.1 points per game) and rebounding (6.8 per game).
The team announced before tipoff that Bryce was in the concussion protocol.
- ‘Nice young man’: Neighbors remember teen who died blocks away, 12 hours after Fayetteville shooting
- NC Republicans working on next steps in push to reopen schools to more students
- Stimulus update: Who will get a check? And for how much?
- Person shot in the leg during ‘family dispute’ in Chesterfield elementary school parking lot, officials say
- Wegmans scratches plans to build Cary store