RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – Reserve forward Jericole Hellems scored 16 points and sparked a second-half comeback to give N.C. State’s NCAA Tournament hopes a boost in a 77-73 win over Pittsburgh.
With N.C. State trailing 58-51, Hellems scored nine points in three minutes, including a 3-pointer from the baseline with 6:53 remaining that gave the Wolfpack its first lead of the game.
Pitt briefly regained the lead with two Eric Hamilton free throws, but the Wolfpack scored the next eight points to grab a seven-point lead and held on to win.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- President Trump releases full CBS ’60 Minutes’ interview ahead of air date
- Here’s the story behind that viral video of Joe Biden hugging a Parkland shooting victim’s child
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch
- 2 arrested in connection with nearly 40 catalytic converter thefts across Raleigh
- Chick-fil-A sauces coming to stores in Georgia
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now