LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Jordan Nwora had 20 points and 12 rebounds, and No. 11 Louisville moved into first place in the Atlantic Coast Conference with a 68-52 victory over Virginia Tech.
The Cardinals rebounded from last week’s loss at No. 6 Florida State and took a half-game lead over the Seminoles, who swept the season series and hold the tiebreaker with two games to play.
Louisville has one game remaining, at third-place Virginia on Saturday.
Jalen Cone scored 15 points off the bench and Nahiem Alleyne had 12 for Virginia Tech, which lost its fourth in a row and ninth in 10 games.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Thousands sign petition to remove ‘White Pride’ billboard along Arkansas highway
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Police searching for person who shot a woman overnight in East Raleigh
- 2-year-old facing life-threatening injuries after being shot in Charlotte
- NC high school athletes in holding pattern as NCHSAA decides on pause during pandemic
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now