LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – Steven Enoch scored 13 points, including the go-ahead free throws with 2:47 remaining, and David Johnson, Ryan McMahon and Malik Williams combined for eight more from the line to lift No. 5 Louisville past Virginia 80-73 for its 10th consecutive victory.
The Cardinals led most of the way before the Cavaliers stormed back to go ahead 70-68 on Kihei Clark’s two technical free throws with 3:25 left.
Johnson’s jumper tied it before Enoch two free throws put Louisville ahead for good.
Tomas Woldetensae had 27 points with seven 3-pointers for Virginia.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘A miracle’ plane did not catch fire after 3 students, pilot injured in Cumberland County crash
- Wake Tech programs help train, re-train workforce for technical jobs
- ‘So, so scary’ — 3 killed in 2 separate shootings in Raleigh in just hours
- North Carolina Breaking News Facebook page under fire for spreading ‘fake news’
- Large explosion in Franklin County after blasting caps found in barn set for demolition
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now