CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) – Rex Pflueger had 18 points, and John Mooney had 16 points and 11 rebounds as Notre Dame won its fourth straight with a 61-57 victory over Clemson on Sunday night.
The Fighting Irish rallied from seven points down in the second half to send Clemson to its third straight defeat.
With the game tied at 50, T.J. Gibbs put Notre Dame ahead for good with floater in the lane with 3:44 to go.
Pflueger increased the lead with a 3-pointer with 1:07 to play.
Alex Hemenway and Tevin Mack led Clemson with 16 points each.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fundraising underway for Erwin teen who suffered cardiac arrest in baseball practice
- NC man charged after killing dad, wounding brother in stabbing, deputies say
- Chapel Hill officials ask UNC to relocate ‘Silent Sam’ statue away from town
- ‘A miracle’ plane did not catch fire after 3 students, pilot injured in Cumberland County crash
- Wake Tech programs help train, re-train workforce for technical jobs
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now