CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Brandon Robinson scored a career-high 20 points and Roy Williams tied his mentor on the all-time wins list as North Carolina beat Yale 70-67.
Justin Pierce added 14 points for the Tar Heels in their final nonconference game of the regular season on Monday night.
Williams picked up his 879th career victory as a head coach, tying Dean Smith for the fourth-most in Division I men’s basketball history.
Williams worked as an assistant for Smith at North Carolina for 10 seasons from 1978-88.
Azar Swain’s 30-foot 3-point attempt misfired at the buzzer for Yale (10-4).
- ‘Hugs not walls’ event at U.S.-Mexico border reunites families for only a few moments
- Newborn’s face cut during emergency C-section, requires 13 stitches
- Aggie Pride! 2 A&T students are packing their bags and heading to Tokyo with their eyes on Olympic gold
- Florida woman discovers nearly $1 billion in her bank account
- WHOA!: U.S. Navy releases footage of 40,000-pound bomb explosion off east coast