CHAPEL HILL – University of North Carolina freshman point guard Cole Anthony is expected to miss the next four to six weeks after undergoing an arthroscopic procedure to treat a partially torn meniscus in his right knee on Monday.
Anthony averaged 19.1 points in Carolina’s first nine games, including an ACC record 34 in his college debut against Notre Dame in the season opener. Anthony did not play in Sunday’s game against Wofford.
The Tar Heels (6-4) play at Gonzaga on Wednesday and face UCLA in Las Vegas in the CBS Sports Classic on Saturday.
“Obviously not having a player of Cole’s caliber will be a tremendous challenge to our young team, but we have to play,” says UNC head coach Roy Williams. “No one player is going to replace the production Cole Anthony gives us, so it’s up to everyone who puts on a North Carolina jersey to raise his game and help our team play better.”
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now