SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Freshman guard Cole Anthony scored 25 points, hitting a season-high seven 3-pointers, Garrison Brooks added 26 points and a career-high 14 rebounds, and North Carolina beat Syracuse 92-79.
Anthony led a second-half barrage from behind the arc as the Tar Heels hit 8 of 10 from behind the arc in the first 12 minutes to break open a close game.
Bourama Sidibe had 17 points and 15 rebounds and Buddy Boeheim had 22 points for the Orange, who had won two straight.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Equipment shortage puts Triangle home health care workers in danger during coronavirus outbreak
- Logan’s Roadhouse temporarily closes all locations, terminates employees
- Can mosquitoes or ticks spread the virus that causes COVID-19?
- ‘I felt like death had knocked on my door,’ 35-year-old coronavirus survivor recounts illness
- Wake Forest pizzeria partners with group to send smiles and hope to health care workers
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now