BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) – Landers Nolley II had his first career double-double, freshman Hunter Catoor set season highs with 17 points and five 3-pointers, and Virginia Tech cruised to a 92-37 win over Maryland-Eastern Shore.
Nolley finished with 18 points and a career-best 10 rebounds. John Ojiako added 15 points, Tyrece Radford scored 13 and Jalen Cone 11 for the Hokies.
Nolley hit a 3-pointer to start the scoring and another to cap a 32-5 run over the first 12-plus minutes of the game.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Goodbye Pepé: Here’s why a longtime Looney Tunes character was ‘canceled’
- ‘Nice young man’: Neighbors remember teen found dead blocks away, 12 hours after Fayetteville shooting
- NC Republicans working on next steps in push to reopen schools to more students
- Stimulus update: Who will get a check? And for how much?
- Person shot in the leg during ‘family dispute’ in Chesterfield elementary school parking lot, officials say