ATLANTA (AP) – Jay Huff and Mamadi Diakite scored 17 points apiece as defending national champion Virginia snapped a three-game losing streak with a 63-58 win over Georgia Tech.
The Cavaliers finally regained their winning touch after dropping out of The Associated Press ranking for the first time since November 2017.
Virginia led by as many as 14 in the second half, and held on after Yellow Jackets ripped off a 9-0 run to make a game of it.
Georgia Tech lost its fourth straight home game despite 20 points from Jose Alvarado.
The Yellow Jackets haven’t won at McCamish Pavilion since Dec. 4.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Navy fires captain who sought help for virus-stricken aircraft carrier
- Myrtle Beach’s spring bike week will be combined with the fall rally in October
- SC restaurant delivers free pizza to seniors during virus coronavirus pandemic
- Congress mulls more aid after nearly 10 million file for unemployment in last 2 weeks
- Kentucky is putting ankle monitors on COVID-19 patients who ignore self-isolation order
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now