WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — Olivier Sarr scored 30 points and grabbed 17 rebounds to lead Wake Forest to an 84-73 victory over visiting Notre Dame, which had won seven of its previous nine games.
The 7-foot Sarr outplayed Notre Dame star big man John Mooney, who scored 24 points with 17 rebounds but made only 10 of 22 shots from the field.
With the victory, the Demon Deacons remained one game ahead of last-place North Carolina in the ACC.
The loss put a crimp in Notre Dame hopes for an NCAA Tournament bid.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- Person Memorial Hospital to allow more visitors while others in central NC keep strict regulations
- Woman killed after shots were fired into her Dunn home, sheriff’s office says
- Smoking 100 cigarettes in your lifetime gets you into North Carolina’s vaccine Group 4. But why?