TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) – Wyatt Wilkes scored 19 points and No. 5 Florida State held off Notre Dame 85-84 for its 10th straight victory.
Wilkes drilled 5 of 6 from 3-point range and the Seminoles made 12 of 18 from beyond the arc.
Florida State missed its last nine shots from the floor and Notre Dame nearly took advantage.
The Fighting Irish had a few chances in the final moments, including Rex Pflueger’s desperation 3-pointer that fell short at the buzzer.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC school system to increase pay for hourly employees working amid coronavirus crisis
- Americans can expect stimulus checks within 3 weeks, treasury secretary says
- NY man refuses to let son back in house after spring break trip amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Grandma is gone: Coronavirus keeps kids from older family
- Tokyo organizers pick new date for postponed Olympic Games
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now