DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Jibri Blount matched his career high with a season-high 31 points plus 12 rebounds as North Carolina Central easily defeated Christendom College 109-28 on Wednesday night.
Kobby Ayetey had 15 points for NC Central (3-8), which broke its four-game losing streak. Mike Melvin added 14 points and six assists. Deven Palmer had 12 points and eight rebounds for the Eagles.
NC Central posted a season-high 24 assists. Meanwhile, the Crusaders’ 28 points on 23.9 percent shooting represented the worst marks by a NC Central opponent this season. Additionally, the Eagles hit season highs in forced turnovers (47) and steals (26).
NC Central had season highs in total points and first-half points (65).
Joe Dotson had 14 points for the Crusaders. He also had 15 turnovers.
NC Central plays at Coastal Carolina on Saturday.
- Trump defenders argue Democrats just want to overturn election
- Duke grad student from China talks about deadly virus outbreak in her country
- Man wounded in shooting in Raleigh neighborhood
- Chinese leader calls situation grave as country scrambles to contain coronavirus
- Parents arrested after baby found dead in dumpster near Las Vegas