DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Jibri Blount matched his career high with a season-high 31 points plus 12 rebounds as North Carolina Central easily defeated Christendom College 109-28 on Wednesday night.
Kobby Ayetey had 15 points for NC Central (3-8), which broke its four-game losing streak. Mike Melvin added 14 points and six assists. Deven Palmer had 12 points and eight rebounds for the Eagles.
NC Central posted a season-high 24 assists. Meanwhile, the Crusaders’ 28 points on 23.9 percent shooting represented the worst marks by a NC Central opponent this season. Additionally, the Eagles hit season highs in forced turnovers (47) and steals (26).
NC Central had season highs in total points and first-half points (65).
Joe Dotson had 14 points for the Crusaders. He also had 15 turnovers.
NC Central plays at Coastal Carolina on Saturday.
- Wake Forest holds virtual July 4th fireworks show amid pandemic
- Eastbound lanes of US 64 closed in Wake County due to wreck, troopers say
- At Rushmore, Trump to say protesters seek to ‘defame’ heroes
- Violence mars Portland protests, frustrates Black community
- Boy killed, girl injured among 4 victims in Alabama mall shooting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now