DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Randy Miller Jr. scored a career-high 29 points and Jibri Blount grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds and North Carolina Central beat South Carolina Upstate 73-64 on Monday night.
Miller finished 6-of-9 shooting — which included 5 of 6 from 3-point range — and made all 12 of his foul shots. Blount added 16 points in the effort. The only blemishes on their stat lines were Blount’s eight turnovers and Miller’s six.
Ty Graves added 14 points for the Eagles (1-1).
Graves made a 3-pointer and Blount scored eight straight for a 22-9 lead. South Carolina State (1-2) used a 9-2 run and closed to six before Miller buried consecutive 3-pointers and a pair of free throws.
Nevin Zink’s layup to start the second half brought the Spartans within 32-27 but they never got closer. Bryson Mozone lead Upstate with 17 points and Zink and Josh Aldrich each scored 10.
- Larger outdoor event venues in NC to be allowed to reopen at 7% next week
- Caught on Camera: Arkansas officer saves two-year-old boy choking on piece of candy
- Costco brings back wine advent calendars for $99.99
- Delaware family discovers WWII heirloom tucked away in a box
- ‘Tell my mom I love her’: Graphic body camera video shows police officer shooting 13-year-old boy with autism
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now