Pelicans forward Zion Williamson, the first pick in the NBA draft, won’t make his regular season debut for about six to eight weeks.
The Pelicans say Williamson will miss that amount of time after undergoing arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn right lateral meniscus. The Pelicans say the procedure was performed by Dr. Jason Folk, with an assist from team orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Misty Suri.
The club called the surgery a “routine debridement.”
The Pelicans open the regular season Tuesday night in Toronto.
- Memorial ride held in honor of Garner murdered teen
- Fayetteville 2-year-old dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound, police say
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- Massachusetts man puts up electric fence to protect Trump campaign sign
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now