DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Duke — like its Triangle counterparts opening the season with Atlantic Coast Conference opponents — jumps headfirst into its basketball season. The Blue Devils open the year Nov. 5 in New York against Kansas.
Almost a month later on Dec. 3, Duke travels to Michigan State for its outing in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. It turns right around and visits Virginia Tech on Dec. 6 for its ACC opener.
The Blue Devils visit rival North Carolina on Feb. 8. and will host the Tar Heels at the end of the regular season on March 7. Both games are on a Saturday.
Duke will face North Carolina State Feb. 19 in Raleigh and at home on March 2. Its regular season ends with a trip to Virginia before hosting the Wolfpack and Tar Heels.
The ACC Tournament is set to begin March 10 in Greensboro.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- South Johnston High School football player, two others injured in Benson shooting
- I-95 in Robeson County reopens after wreck involving 20 vehicles
- 2 killed, 8 others shot, in ‘violent incident of huge magnitude’ at SC night club
- Jerry Weakens Slightly, With Our Eyes on a Couple Other Waves
- Wake Correctional Center inmate missing from work assignment in Garner
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now