DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Duke running back Brittain Brown could miss the rest of the season with a shoulder injury.
Coach David Cutcliffe said Tuesday that Brown and the staff are weighing whether he should have season-ending surgery, saying “we’re at the point with the shoulder that we’ve got to make a decision.”
Brown has carried just 12 times this season for 56 yards while dealing with the injury that kept him out of the victory at Middle Tennessee State. He carried twice for 13 yards in the win at Virginia Tech last week but did not return after re-injuring his shoulder.
Deon Jackson and Mataeo Durant shape up as the Blue Devils’ top options at running back for this week’s game against Pittsburgh. They have combined to average 88.5 yards.
- Hospital lets parents watch their NICU baby 24/7 through cameras
- Family’s dog stabbed 6 times by police officer
- Petition calls on NBA to change logo in honor of Kobe Bryant
- Woman claims man watched her use restroom at PNC Arena during UFC event
- China counts 106 virus deaths as US, others move to evacuate