DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Duke running back Brittain Brown could miss the rest of the season with a shoulder injury.
Coach David Cutcliffe said Tuesday that Brown and the staff are weighing whether he should have season-ending surgery, saying “we’re at the point with the shoulder that we’ve got to make a decision.”
Brown has carried just 12 times this season for 56 yards while dealing with the injury that kept him out of the victory at Middle Tennessee State. He carried twice for 13 yards in the win at Virginia Tech last week but did not return after re-injuring his shoulder.
Deon Jackson and Mataeo Durant shape up as the Blue Devils’ top options at running back for this week’s game against Pittsburgh. They have combined to average 88.5 yards.
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now