DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski confronted the “Cameron Crazies” student section at halftime of Tuesday’s basketball game against Pitt.
The fans chanted “sit with us” at Pitt coach Jeff Capel, who is a former Duke player and assistant coach. Krzyzewski appeared to yell “shut up” and “he’s one of us” to the student section from across the court.
Then, after being held back by a referee, Krzyzewski walked across the court and scolded the fans at the end of the first half.
Duke won the game, 79-67, on the back of a Vernon Carey Jr. double-double. The Blue Devils are back in action Feb. 1 at Syracuse, but the “Cameron Crazies” won’t be back until the men’s team returns home on Feb. 10 to host Florida State.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- House passes bill to make lynching a federal crime, 65 years after death of Emmett Till
- Durham Housing Authority says vast majority of McDougald Terrace residents remain displaced
- Ryan Newman returns to work after Daytona 500 crash
- Safeguards help prevent false emergency alerts in NC, but some mistakes are inevitable
- State health officials urge North Carolinians not to panic, but to prepare for the coronavirus
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now