DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — After North Carolina State University and UNC-Chapel Hill football players returned to campus, everyone wondered when Duke football players would finally get on campus — the answer was Sunday.
The arrival Sunday made the Blue Devils one of the last power five teams to return, close to a month after the first teams began showing up.
The reasoning was simple, they wanted to make sure they had all the details covered when it came to reintroducing players amid the coronavirus pandemic.
As the team is in quarantine until results come back, they are still social distancing going. They are also going as far as to hold some team meetings on the field instead of classrooms.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong
- BREAKING: Firefighters respond to multiple structure fires in Ocean Isle Beach overnight
- Storm-tattered Frying Pan Tower flag being auctioned off to support places hardest hit by Hurricane Isaias
- Triangle gym owners react to remaining in Phase 2 and closed
- 8-year-old shot accidentally in Rocky Mount, police say