DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — It’s year three of the Duke Softball program as the Blue Devils continue to build a tradition on the diamond.
Starting from scratch can be difficult, but Duke has embraced the challenge and has gotten better every year.
The ACC is not the easiest conference to jump into for a starter program but the Blue devils have done just fine in their early years, making the ACC softball tournament in both years of existence.
Head coach Marissa Young says recruiting players to a start-up program was easy, after all, it is Duke.
“That’s definitely been a part of it is you get to play softball in one of the best conferences and get one of the best degrees, and write your name in the record books. It’s definitely been something attractive to our players to come here and not just be a part of something, but to build something really special,” said Young.
Duke opens its season in the UCF Invitational in Orlando. They play Clemson Friday at 12:30 p.m.
- Clinic offering free COVID-19 testing for uninsured Franklin County residents
- NC sheriff’s office mourning loss of deputy, wife
- NC student tests positive for COVID-19 after attending graduation event
- Crash closes I-95 northbound near Dunn
- VIDEO: Crowds cram into water at massive pool party
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now