RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Haley Gorecki scored 13 of her 24 points in the fourth quarter to help Duke beat No. 8 North Carolina State 70-65. Onome Akinbode-James added 12 points and Kyra Lambert had 11 for the Blue Devils (17-10, 11-5 Atlantic Coast Conference), who won their sixth consecutive game.
Leaonna Odom had 10 points as Duke won at N.C. State for the first time since 2013. Elissa Cunane had 23 points and 12 rebounds to lead N.C. State (23-4, 12-4), which suffered its third loss in four games.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Amazon to kick off holiday shopping with October Prime Day
- Grandma dubbed ‘Zoom Karen’ goes viral after interrupting virtual class to blast BLM, Obama
- Bombshell Trump tax revelation could tarnish business mogul image that fueled his rise
- NC sheriff’s office warns of caller posing as deputy targeting registered sex offenders
- Trump’s former campaign manager hospitalized in Florida after threats to harm himself
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now