RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Haley Gorecki scored 13 of her 24 points in the fourth quarter to help Duke beat No. 8 North Carolina State 70-65. Onome Akinbode-James added 12 points and Kyra Lambert had 11 for the Blue Devils (17-10, 11-5 Atlantic Coast Conference), who won their sixth consecutive game.
Leaonna Odom had 10 points as Duke won at N.C. State for the first time since 2013. Elissa Cunane had 23 points and 12 rebounds to lead N.C. State (23-4, 12-4), which suffered its third loss in four games.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Memorial held in Hoke County for NC-native George Floyd as many call for change
- Where George Floyd lost his life might not be what you expect
- Tampa troopers help deliver baby on side of road
- Officer saves choking child while on lunch break at Olive Garden
- Police release photo of suspect after International Civil Rights Center vandalized in Greensboro
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now