DURHAM, N.C. (AP) – Freshman Matthew Hurt scored 20 of his season-high 25 points before halftime and Tre Jones returned from a foot injury to help second-ranked Duke beat Boston College 88-49.
Hurt made 10 of 16 shots and hit 5 of 10 3-pointers to lead the Blue Devils. Duke shot nearly 52 percent.
Jones had 10 assists in his return from a foot sprain that had sidelined him for two games.
CJ Felder had 13 points to lead Boston College. The Eagles shot 34 percent for the game.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- At least five displaced, one injured in Durham boarding house fire
- Track coach remembers NC teen killed in hit-and-run as star athlete
- Virginia’s highest court upholds weapons ban at gun rally
- Carolina drops OT decision to Anaheim for 3rd straight loss
- Cary bicyclist wants to thank others who helped when he fell and broke hip
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now