DURHAM, N.C. (AP) – Vernon Carey Jr. scored 21 points, Tre Jones added 19 and No. 7 Duke used a high-intensity man-to-man defense to beat Notre Dame 94-60 for its seventh straight win.
With No. 5 Louisville losing to Clemson, the win vaulted the Blue Devils into sole possession of first place in the ACC standings, one-half game ahead of the Cardinals.
Notre Dame had won four in a row before losing a heartbreaker in overtime Tuesday at Virginia.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sponsored Content: How to Make Taking Financial Risks Feel Safe
- Wake County sees COVID-19 testing jump by more than 40%
- Sponsored Content: Don’t Let Your Tired, Old Floors Keep You From Inviting People Into Your Home
- Caeleb Dressel goes for more gold on Day 7 of Tokyo Games
- From pandemic to endemic: COVID-19 could be around forever, professor says