SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Vernon Carey Jr. had 26 points and a season-high 17 rebounds for the 10th double-double of his freshman season and No. 9 Duke beat Syracuse 97-88.
Cassius Stanley keyed an early second-half surge and the Blue Devils won their third straight after a two-game skid.
It was a crucial game for Syracuse, which had a five-game winning streak snapped on the road at Clemson on Tuesday night.
Syracuse also needed a signature win to bolster its resume for consideration for the NCAA Tournament.
Stanley had 15 points, Tre Jones had 17, Matthew Hurt had 12 and Alex O’Connell 11 for Duke.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Ryan Newman returns to work after Daytona 500 crash
- Safeguards help prevent false emergency alerts in NC, but some mistakes are inevitable
- State health officials urge North Carolinians not to panic, but to prepare for the coronavirus
- More than 3,800, including 2 schools, without power outside downtown Chapel Hill
- Elderly S.C. couple reported missing found safe
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now