John Andretti has lost his battle with cancer at the age of 56, Andretti Autosport confirmed on Thursday.
Andretti had a career that included wins in CART, IMSA GTP, Rolex Sports Car Series and NASCAR.
He was the son of racer Aldo Andretti, the twin brother of Indianapolis 500 winner Mario Andretti.
Andretti’s final win in the NASCAR Cup Series was at the 1999 Goody’s Body Pain 500 in Martinsville, Virginia.
- Person Memorial Hospital to allow more visitors while others in central NC keep strict regulations
- Woman killed after shots were fired into her Dunn home, sheriff’s office says
- Smoking 100 cigarettes in your lifetime gets you into North Carolina’s vaccine Group 4. But why?
- ‘Canes run away in 3rd period as fans return to PNC Arena after more than a year
- Video shows UPS driver brought to tears when entire town surprises him with thank you party