TORONTO (AP) — Carolina Hurricanes coach Rod Brind’Amour is keeping his mouth shut rather than risk another $25,000 fine from the NHL for criticizing officials.
Brind’Amour provided a four-word answer, saying “Fortunately, nope. Moving on,” upon being asked whether he had anything more to add a day after calling the league “a joke.”
Brind’Amour was upset in criticizing how officials dealt with the Hurricanes challenge of a Bruins goal scored in Boston’s 4-3 win in double overtime in Game 1 of their first-round playoff series on Wednesday.
In fining Brind’Amour for his comments, the NHL issued the coach a conditional $25,000 fine for any similar comments he might make over the next calendar year.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NCSU football parents allowed to attend home opener
- Durham armed robbery leads to police chase that ended in crash
- Trump pledges woman for court, pushes Senate to move on pick
- Memorial ride held in honor of Garner murdered teen
- Fayetteville 2-year-old dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound, police say