CARY, N.C. (WNCN) — Over the weekend, 20 youth with physical disabilities participated in 2 days of expert wheelchair basketball instruction, led by Matt Buchi–the head men’s wheelchair basketball coach coming at the University of Illinois.
During this training, the athletes learned the fundamentals of the sport, the importance of exercise, and how wheelchair basketball can possibly earn them college scholarships, one day.
- Endangered Florida panthers are mysteriously struggling to walk, and wildlife officials don’t know why
- Tennessee police: Dad beat young daughter because of dirty table
- Instagram says there’s “no truth” to new hoax post, so don’t share it
- Is Gov. Cooper on board with tax refund plan?
- Dog stolen from Texas family during road trip rescued by CBS reporter
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now