RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A 50-acre tennis facility is on its way to Raleigh.
Triangle Racquet Sports is heading up the project to create the nation’s sixth U.S. Tennis Association regional practice facility.
The facility will have indoor and outdoor tennis courts, pickleball courts, squash courts and much more.
The complex, which will be located in the Briar Creek area, will also feature several scholarship programs that will help include children who would not otherwise be exposed to the sport of tennis.
The CEO and founder of Triangle Racquet Sports, Rob Autry, joined Jeff Jones in studio to talk about this state-of-the-art facility.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake Forest neighbors of husband accused of killing wife say there was history of domestic violence
- 580+ videos released by Raleigh police capture candid moments of officers during George Floyd protests
- An inside look at how North Carolina counties review absentee ballots
- Tropical Storm Zeta strengthens, is expected to regain hurricane status Wednesday
- 3 Wake County high schools confirm COVID-19 case associated with athletics
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now