AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – The Founding Partners of Drive, Chip and Putt have announced changes for this season, in regards to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
The 2020-21 qualifying season, originally set to begin May 2nd, is now cancelled. The Founding Partners say this was done to protect the health and safety of all involved.
Also announced, the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals, originally set for April 5th 2020, will now take place on April 4th 2021, the eve of the Masters Tournament. Each National Finalist will be invited to compete in the same age division for which they previously qualified in 2020, regardless of their age on that date.
Those that bought tickets to the National Finals will be sent a refund in May and guaranteed the opportunity to buy tickets for next year.
MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Tokyo Olympics add 12 women to executive board to reach 42%
- How the Greensboro Coliseum plans to keep everyone safe during the ACC Tournament
- No. 17 Oklahoma State completes sweep of No. 16 Oklahoma
- Harden’s triple-double helps Nets escape in OT against Spurs
- Williamson pushes Pelicans past NBA-leading Jazz, 129-124
- Necas emerges as hero as ‘Canes cap off frantic finish with overtime win vs. Florida
- Hauser helps No. 21 Virginia end skid, beat Miami 62-51
- Buddy Boeheim turns in lights out shooting performance in Syracuse win over UNC
- Raptors-Pistons postponed, tentatively set for Wednesday
- Sigh and Cy: Bieber tagged, Bauer sharp in Dodgers debut