HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WNCN) – Some North Carolina high school football teams didn’t waste a moment getting on the practice field.
The North Carolina High School Athletic Association allows preseason practices to be held beginning Aug. 1. Some teams, like Holly Springs, held a midnight practice as soon as the calendar turned.
Others, like three-time defending state champion Wake Forest, opted to hold off for a few hours. The Cougars held their first practice Thursday morning.
Most teams are set to open their seasons on Aug. 23.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC couple wins $1 million in lottery while celebrating wedding anniversary
- Raleigh man nabbed, another on the run after armed robbery, deputies say
- Urban Land Institute reviews DoSo district of Raleigh for possible updates
- Suspects swallow drugs as Edgecombe County deputies serve arrest warrants, sheriff’s office says
- VIDEO: Virginia woman captures snake slithering on doorbell camera
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now