HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WNCN) – Some North Carolina high school football teams didn’t waste a moment getting on the practice field.
The North Carolina High School Athletic Association allows preseason practices to be held beginning Aug. 1. Some teams, like Holly Springs, held a midnight practice as soon as the calendar turned.
Others, like three-time defending state champion Wake Forest, opted to hold off for a few hours. The Cougars held their first practice Thursday morning.
Most teams are set to open their seasons on Aug. 23.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Power outage leaves several blocks in the dark in Manhattan
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as the week ends
- ‘He’s pretty tore up about it’: NC dad says son who shot own daughter, girlfriend was drunk
- NC city approves $15 minimum wage for all employees – except firefighters
- Raleigh police investigating after man found shot to death just off Wake Forest Road
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now