HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WNCN) – Some North Carolina high school football teams didn’t waste a moment getting on the practice field.
The North Carolina High School Athletic Association allows preseason practices to be held beginning Aug. 1. Some teams, like Holly Springs, held a midnight practice as soon as the calendar turned.
Others, like three-time defending state champion Wake Forest, opted to hold off for a few hours. The Cougars held their first practice Thursday morning.
Most teams are set to open their seasons on Aug. 23.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Virginia snaps 3-game skid with 63-58 win over Georgia Tech
- Hundreds attend March for Life event in downtown Raleigh
- Man seriously wounded in Raleigh shooting, but is not cooperative with officers, police say
- Police officer fired after allegedly having sex with a suspect
- No. 9 Florida State rallies past Miami in OT, 83-79
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now