RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — NC State’s men’s basketball team will be without one of its key contributors from last season’s roster.
DJ Funderburk, a redshirt junior, was suspended indefinitely for “violation of team policy” according to the university’s athletic office.
No specifics were made available into why exactly Funderburk was suspended.
Funderburk played in 36 games last season, starting one. He averaged 8.8 points per game, 4.2 rebounds per game and was a steady contributor from the field (55 percent) and the free throw line (78.5 percent).
- Will CDC’s recommendation for masks in schools lead to a renewed mandate in central NC classrooms?
- Halifax County wants to join other health departments in mandating COVID-19 vaccine
- West Coast wildfire smoke will be back over NC on Wednesday
- ‘You’re killing me’: Video shows Colorado officer choking suspect for 39 seconds, court docs say
- NC to require all workers at state-funded facilities to be vaccinated against COVID-19