RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — NC State’s men’s basketball team will be without one of its key contributors from last season’s roster.
DJ Funderburk, a redshirt junior, was suspended indefinitely for “violation of team policy” according to the university’s athletic office.
No specifics were made available into why exactly Funderburk was suspended.
Funderburk played in 36 games last season, starting one. He averaged 8.8 points per game, 4.2 rebounds per game and was a steady contributor from the field (55 percent) and the free throw line (78.5 percent).
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now