CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — Shayla Bennett scored 20 points and North Carolina again handed a highly ranked North Carolina State team its first loss of the season, beating the No. 9 Wolfpack 66-60 on Thursday night.
Taylor Koenen added 14 points and 11 rebounds for the Tar Heels, who rallied from 12 down midway through the third quarter.
It was the first win in the longtime rivalry for first-year UNC coach Courtney Banghart. Aislinn Konig had 24 points to lead the Wolfpack.
The Tar Heels handed N.C. State its first loss last year, too, that one coming after the Wolfpack started 21-0.
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- 3 arrested after man run over, killed by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft in California
- Racism has cost the U.S. $16 trillion, study finds
- Both Republican members of NC State Board of Elections resign
- At least 30 businesses vandalized in Durham protests, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now