BOSTON (AP) – Derryck Thornton had 22 points, five rebounds and five assists, Jay Heath scored 16 points, and Boston College held off a second-half surge from North Carolina State in a 71-68 win.
Nik Popovic added 14 points and eight rebounds and Jairus Hamilton scored 11 for Boston College, which has won four of its last seven.
The Eagles have not won back-to-back games since a season-high four-game win streak Dec. 7 to 21.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Equipment shortage puts Triangle home health care workers in danger during coronavirus outbreak
- Logan’s Roadhouse temporarily closes all locations, terminates employees
- Can mosquitoes or ticks spread the virus that causes COVID-19?
- ‘I felt like death had knocked on my door,’ 35-year-old coronavirus survivor recounts illness
- Wake Forest pizzeria partners with group to send smiles and hope to health care workers
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now