ATLANTA (AP) – Georgia Tech guard Jose Alvarado finished with 24 points, tied a school record with eight steals, and was active on defense in the closing seconds, getting a pair of takeaways that led to four quick points in Georgia Tech’s 64-58 upset win over North Carolina State.
The Yellow Jackets won despite not having leading scorer Michael Devoe, who missed the game with an apparent foot injury.
N.C. State, which began the day tied for fourth place in the ACC, had its three-game win streak snapped.
C.J. Bryce, the Wolfpack’s leading scorer, had no points and didn’t take a shot in the second half.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 1 juvenile dead, another wounded in NC shooting, police say
- VIDEO: Driver crashes car into NC sandwich shop
- Police: Body found near Norfolk Premium Outlets identified as missing 33-year-old woman
- Shaw University football team wraps up spring practice
- Durham community shaken after deadly shooting near Duke University