ATLANTA (AP) – Georgia Tech guard Jose Alvarado finished with 24 points, tied a school record with eight steals, and was active on defense in the closing seconds, getting a pair of takeaways that led to four quick points in Georgia Tech’s 64-58 upset win over North Carolina State.
The Yellow Jackets won despite not having leading scorer Michael Devoe, who missed the game with an apparent foot injury.
N.C. State, which began the day tied for fourth place in the ACC, had its three-game win streak snapped.
C.J. Bryce, the Wolfpack’s leading scorer, had no points and didn’t take a shot in the second half.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sir Walter Raleigh Award nominations due today: how can you nominate?
- World’s whitest paint could eliminate need for home air conditioning
- Knightdale firefighter paddling to honor first responders, Clayton firefighter who died from COVID-19
- Man injured after his car is shot into while driving in Durham, police say
- What we know about Faith Hedgepeth murder suspect Miguel Salguero-Olivares