ATLANTA (AP) – Georgia Tech guard Jose Alvarado finished with 24 points, tied a school record with eight steals, and was active on defense in the closing seconds, getting a pair of takeaways that led to four quick points in Georgia Tech’s 64-58 upset win over North Carolina State.
The Yellow Jackets won despite not having leading scorer Michael Devoe, who missed the game with an apparent foot injury.
N.C. State, which began the day tied for fourth place in the ACC, had its three-game win streak snapped.
C.J. Bryce, the Wolfpack’s leading scorer, had no points and didn’t take a shot in the second half.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trump changes tone on masks, says he looks like the Lone Ranger and likes it
- 103-year-old says 2020 has been the craziest year she’s seen yet
- Police officer claims Texas pizza shop workers drew cartoon pig on box of food
- A friendship to remember: A failed cattle dog and a disabled calf won’t leave each other’s side
- Fireworks sales booming in NC as many cities, towns cancel public celebrations
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now