RALIEGH, N.C. (AP) – Bailey Hockman threw for three touchdowns and ran for another against his former team as North Carolina State defeated Florida State 38-22.
Hockman, who began his collegiate career in 2017 at Florida State program, was 24-for-34 passing for 265 yards and an interception.
Thayer Thomas, a redshirt senior, made a career-high 11 catches for a career-best 135 yards and two touchdowns.
N.C. State (5-3, 5-3 Atlantic Coast Conference) snapped a two-game skid.
Freshman Chubba Purdy got his first career start for Florida State, completing 15 of 23 passes for 181 yards and two fourth-quarter touchdowns.
The Seminoles (2-6, 1-6) have lost three straight games since upsetting then-No. 5 UNC-Chapel Hill.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- North Carolina sheriff’s office warns of deputy scam making the rounds
- North Carolina woman arrested for sex act with foster child
- Custodian arrested after hidden camera found in NC elementary school restroom
- ATF offers $5,000 reward for information on man wanted for shooting Durham County deputy
- NC State football set to honor small senior class on Saturday