RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina State had seven more positive COVID-19 tests come back, according to an update Friday from Senior Associate Athletics Director Fred Demarest.
The university tested an additional 765 student-athletes, coaches, and staff since its last update, which reported only one positive result. N.C. State has administered 1,360 tests in total, the update said.
The Atlantic Coast Conference said in a statement earlier in the week saying that it will continue to “make decisions based on medical advice … and do so in a way that appropriately coincides with our universities’ academic missions.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Senate passes bill to avoid government shutdown hours before deadline
- 6-year-old dies in 8-vehicle chain-reaction crash in Virginia
- Army veteran says he was fired for refusing to remove BLM mask: ‘There’s nothing political about it’
- Debates commission plans to cut off mics if Trump or Biden break rules
- Durham police arrest hit-and-run suspect
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now