RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina State has moved Tony Gibson to defensive coordinator and linebackers coach.
The school announced the football coaching staff move Wednesday. The move comes two days after the firing of Dave Huxtable as defensive coordinator.
Gibson had joined the Wolfpack in January to coach safeties while carrying the title of co-defensive coordinator as N.C. State changed its defensive alignment last year.
He had previously coached at West Virginia. N.C. State finished with four wins and missed a bowl for the first time since head coach Dave Doeren’s first season in 2013.
- Kobe Bryant among 5 dead in helicopter crash in Calif., reports say
- North Carolina well-represented at 62nd Grammy Awards
- Virginia Department of Health investigating 3 potential cases of coronavirus
- Two dead, four others in the hospital after shooting at South Carolina lounge
- Wilkes scores 19 points as No. 5 Florida St. edges Notre Dame 85-84