RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina State has moved Tony Gibson to defensive coordinator and linebackers coach.
The school announced the football coaching staff move Wednesday. The move comes two days after the firing of Dave Huxtable as defensive coordinator.
Gibson had joined the Wolfpack in January to coach safeties while carrying the title of co-defensive coordinator as N.C. State changed its defensive alignment last year.
He had previously coached at West Virginia. N.C. State finished with four wins and missed a bowl for the first time since head coach Dave Doeren’s first season in 2013.
- Wake Forest holds virtual July 4th fireworks show amid pandemic
- Eastbound lanes of US 64 closed in Wake County due to wreck, troopers say
- At Rushmore, Trump to say protesters seek to ‘defame’ heroes
- Violence mars Portland protests, frustrates Black community
- Boy killed, girl injured among 4 victims in Alabama mall shooting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now