RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina State has moved Tony Gibson to defensive coordinator and linebackers coach.
The school announced the football coaching staff move Wednesday. The move comes two days after the firing of Dave Huxtable as defensive coordinator.
Gibson had joined the Wolfpack in January to coach safeties while carrying the title of co-defensive coordinator as N.C. State changed its defensive alignment last year.
He had previously coached at West Virginia. N.C. State finished with four wins and missed a bowl for the first time since head coach Dave Doeren’s first season in 2013.
- Holly Springs officer transporting prisoner involved in pileup on US 1
- 6 Fort Bragg pilots to perform helicopter flyover before Army-Navy game
- 2 killed in multi-vehicle wreck in Fayetteville
- Police: Man wearing blonde wig, high heels, on the run after robbing NC bank
- Liquid meth found inside transmission fluid, coolant containers
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now