RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina State has moved Tony Gibson to defensive coordinator and linebackers coach.
The school announced the football coaching staff move Wednesday. The move comes two days after the firing of Dave Huxtable as defensive coordinator.
Gibson had joined the Wolfpack in January to coach safeties while carrying the title of co-defensive coordinator as N.C. State changed its defensive alignment last year.
He had previously coached at West Virginia. N.C. State finished with four wins and missed a bowl for the first time since head coach Dave Doeren’s first season in 2013.
- NC woman charged with murder after Davison County baby dies following methadone exposure
- 19-year-old killed, 14-year-old injured after shooting in Robeson County
- 2 dead in Alabama naval aircraft crash
- Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run, Raleigh police say
- Saturday’s Virtual HBCU Homecoming Celebration is happening via YouTube
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now