RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – M.J. Walker scored all 12 of his points after halftime to help eighth-ranked Florida State take control in the second half and beat North Carolina State 67-61.
Patrick Williams also scored 12 points for the Seminoles.
FSU has won six of seven to stay near the top of the Atlantic Coast Conference standings. Devon Daniels scored 18 points to lead the Wolfpack.
N.C. State was trying to follow its lopsided win against No. 6 Duke with another big one to bolster its NCAA Tournament resume.
But the Wolfpack shot 40% after halftime as FSU asserted control.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- VDH confirms first child death due to COVID-19 is teen in the Southside Health District
- Foot Locker turning U.S. stores into temporary voter registration sites
- 2 groups exchanged gunfire outside North Carolina day care, police say
- North Carolina Marine – the oldest living – celebrates 107th birthday
- Garner chief: Police chase of stolen vehicle ends when it crashes into Raleigh house
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now