RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Following a lackluster performance at Florida State, N.C. State head coach Dave Doeren is making a change at quarterback.
Bailey Hockman will start under center for the Wolfpack – replacing Matt McKay.
Hockman took over for McKay in the Pack’s 31-13 loss to the Seminoles on Sept. 28.
Redshirt freshman Devin Leary is now listed as Hockman’s backup.
Despite holding a winning record at 3-2, the Wolfpack were soundly defeated at West Virginia and Florida State.
All three quarterbacks saw action in Tallahassee. McKay was benched after throwing for 20 yards on 3 of 7 passing.
Hockman, a redshirt sophomore, threw 21 of 40 for 208 with a touchdown against Florida State.
N.C. State hosts Syracuse on Thursday at 8 p.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued