CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN) – Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton will miss his second game in a row Sunday at Houston, according to an announcement from the team.
The same foot injury that kept him out of a Week 3 win, 38-20, in Arizona will keep him sidelined in Week 4.
“What Cam needs right now is time and rest for his foot. We want him at 100 percent when he’s ready, so there’s no exact timetable for his return,” head coach Ron Rivera said. “At this point, we’re going to go forward with Kyle (Allen) as our starter.”
Allen was 19-for-26 with 261 passing yards and four touchdowns in the win over the Cardinals. It was his second win in as many starts.
He quarterbacked the Panthers to a 33-14 win in New Orleans at the end of the 2018 campaign.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wife of Lions QB Stafford blames NFL for harassment after false positive COVID-19 test
- Make the most of your favorite summer snacks
- Tuesday, August 4th : Make the most of your favorite summer snacks, Kick off a new career
- The Salvation Army of Wake County to give out free fans on Saturday
- Second stimulus checks: Sides hope to reach deal this week on package with $1,200 payments
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now