CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCN) – Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton will miss his second game in a row Sunday at Houston, according to an announcement from the team.
The same foot injury that kept him out of a Week 3 win, 38-20, in Arizona will keep him sidelined in Week 4.
“What Cam needs right now is time and rest for his foot. We want him at 100 percent when he’s ready, so there’s no exact timetable for his return,” head coach Ron Rivera said. “At this point, we’re going to go forward with Kyle (Allen) as our starter.”
Allen was 19-for-26 with 261 passing yards and four touchdowns in the win over the Cardinals. It was his second win in as many starts.
He quarterbacked the Panthers to a 33-14 win in New Orleans at the end of the 2018 campaign.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Feds: Over 60 Latin Kings members arrested along East Coast
- Uber reports more than 3,000 sexual assaults on 2018 rides
- Cary software exec pays for military members to fly home for Christmas, others step up
- Police investigating armed robbery at Raleigh establishment
- ‘Sam was ready’: Senior dog found by deceased owner’s side dies less than a year later
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now