The Big Ten presidents have overwhelmingly voted against playing football this fall amid the coronavirus pandemic, according to the Detroit Free Press.
Three sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity with the publication said an announcement will likely come Tuesday.
The presidents voted 12-2 to end the fall sports in the conference.
The presidents also didn’t rule out a football season in the spring.
CBS 17 will update this story as it develops.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Federal judge questions North Carolina absentee ballot rule change
- Vehicle goes off Virginia bridge, lands upside down 40 feet below after crash
- Chrissy Teigen’s heartbreaking announcement brings awareness to taboo topic of losing a baby
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Barnes & Noble and rue21 are hiring
- Former President Jimmy Carter celebrates 96th birthday