DAYTONA BEACH, FL. (WKRN) — Roush Fenway Racing officials said that Ryan Newman has been treated and released from a Florida hospital after crashing at Daytona 500.
Officials said on Newman was constantly showing improvement after Monday night’s last-lap accident at Daytona International Speedway.
The veteran driver is fully alert and was released from the Halifax Medical Center Wednesday afternoon. Prior to being released, officials said Newman was joking around with staff, friends, and family while spending time playing with his two daughters.
- Krispy Kreme to give healthcare workers a dozen doughnuts every Monday
- Sen. Schumer proposes $25,000 pay increase for essential workers
- Durham truck driver killed after stabbing 3 to death at Tennesee truck stop
- Lowe’s Home Improvement to close all stores, facilities for Easter to give workers ‘much-deserved’ day off
- Local Church Creates a Welcoming Community for Families in the Triangle
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now