CARY, N.C. (WNCN) – In typical North Carolina fashion, severe weather washed out most of the Friday-night games for the opening week of the high school football season.
That didn’t stop the band at Panther Creek from tuning up and sounding the Catamounts’ fight song for their clash with Fuquay-Varina.
They got to celebrate one touchdown — a Cameron Wurtsbaugh run into the end zone — before weather forced the game to be postponed until 4 p.m. Saturday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- North Carolina legislative remap complete; court review next
- Jimmy Carter says he couldn’t have managed presidency at 80
- Suspects in Fuquay-Varina Sheetz shooting also charged in earlier car break-ins
- Former NC firefighter accused of secretly recording teen girl in bathroom
- Texas School for the Deaf wins new football equipment, message from Peyton Manning
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now