CARY, N.C. (WNCN) – In typical North Carolina fashion, severe weather washed out most of the Friday-night games for the opening week of the high school football season.
That didn’t stop the band at Panther Creek from tuning up and sounding the Catamounts’ fight song for their clash with Fuquay-Varina.
They got to celebrate one touchdown — a Cameron Wurtsbaugh run into the end zone — before weather forced the game to be postponed until 4 p.m. Saturday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Ex-Cook Out worker refused Roxboro cop service because he was ‘rude’ in the past, she says
- Man charged in Wayne County shooting after victim found in yard, deputies say
- 1 dead in Durham car crash, police say
- Svechnikov’s overtime winner lifts Hurricanes over Wild
- Missing 14-year-old from Fayetteville is found safe, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now