CARY, N.C. (WNCN) – In typical North Carolina fashion, severe weather washed out most of the Friday-night games for the opening week of the high school football season.
That didn’t stop the band at Panther Creek from tuning up and sounding the Catamounts’ fight song for their clash with Fuquay-Varina.
They got to celebrate one touchdown — a Cameron Wurtsbaugh run into the end zone — before weather forced the game to be postponed until 4 p.m. Saturday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sen. Bernie Sanders heads back to NC ahead of Super Tuesday
- Gibbs scores with 0.1 seconds left, Irish beat BC 62-61
- Hughes scores 25, Syracuse blows out Pittsburgh 72-49
- Clark’s 3-pointer lifts Virginia past Virginia Tech, 56-53
- House passes bill to make lynching a federal crime, 65 years after death of Emmett Till
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now