RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Broughton pulled away to beat Southeast Raleigh, 38-16, and end a three-game skid in Friday’s conference opener.
The Capitals led 10-6 until Kairon Martin took an interception the other way for a touchdown, giving the Bulldogs a 12-10 lead.
Broughton answered by forcing a turnover of its own when Ben Haugh picked off the host’s quarterback and took it deep into Southeast Raleigh territory. That set up a 25-yard scamper by Darius Walker to give the Capitals the lead back.
They kept the ball rolling in by doubling up the Bulldogs, 36-18. Broughton will next host a winless Enloe team that put up a good fight against Millbrook.
Southeast Raleigh will have next week off before heading to Enloe.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Purse lost in 1957 found behind school locker 62 years later
- Officer escorts 8-year-old girl to father-daughter dance after her dad’s death
- NC Rep. Linda Johnson passes away
- Svechnikov, Niederreiter help Hurricanes beat Predators 4-1
- Hot ticket: Private border wall bolsters demand for South Texas riverboat tour
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now