CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – Clayton High School named Shane Handy its new football coach Tuesday.
Former coach Hunter Jenks resigned on Aug. 20 — just three days before the Comets’ season opener. He took a position coaching football at West Millbrook High School.
Robert Senseney took over Clayton’s program on an interim basis. The Comets finished the season 6-6 following a first-round exit to Southeast Gilford.
Handy helped create a powerhouse at Randleman. The Tigers have lost just four games in the past three years.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mooney, Gibbs lead Notre Dame to 87-71 win over Miami
- 2 bystanders and 3rd person shot when suspect opens fire inside La. restaurant
- Triangle-area police chiefs, chief justice appear on ‘Law & Order’ panel in Durham
- Man hits other man’s backside, walks out on tab next night, Myrtle Beach police say
- Wendell mom dies in Wake County crash on Ten Ten Road, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now