CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – Clayton High School named Shane Handy its new football coach Tuesday.
Former coach Hunter Jenks resigned on Aug. 20 — just three days before the Comets’ season opener. He took a position coaching football at West Millbrook High School.
Robert Senseney took over Clayton’s program on an interim basis. The Comets finished the season 6-6 following a first-round exit to Southeast Gilford.
Handy helped create a powerhouse at Randleman. The Tigers have lost just four games in the past three years.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Americans can expect stimulus checks within 3 weeks, treasury secretary says
- NY man refuses to let son back in house after spring break trip amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Grandma is gone: Coronavirus keeps kids from older family
- Tokyo organizers pick new date for postponed Olympic Games
- Interactive map: How many coronavirus tests have been conducted in each state?
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now