CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – Clayton High School named Shane Handy its new football coach Tuesday.
Former coach Hunter Jenks resigned on Aug. 20 — just three days before the Comets’ season opener. He took a position coaching football at West Millbrook High School.
Robert Senseney took over Clayton’s program on an interim basis. The Comets finished the season 6-6 following a first-round exit to Southeast Gilford.
Handy helped create a powerhouse at Randleman. The Tigers have lost just four games in the past three years.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Search of lake for missing “Glee” star Naya Rivera to resume Sunday
- Police execute search warrant at mansion of gun-toting couple
- Black Lives Matter activists to be charged after blocking traffic in Virginia, police say
- 1,000+ activists gather in Graham’s town square, call for removal of Confederate statue
- COVID-19 safety measures implemented at NC youth baseball games
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now