CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – Clayton High School named Shane Handy its new football coach Tuesday.
Former coach Hunter Jenks resigned on Aug. 20 — just three days before the Comets’ season opener. He took a position coaching football at West Millbrook High School.
Robert Senseney took over Clayton’s program on an interim basis. The Comets finished the season 6-6 following a first-round exit to Southeast Gilford.
Handy helped create a powerhouse at Randleman. The Tigers have lost just four games in the past three years.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Large hail, power outages, some damage reported after storms hit Wake County
- Missing teen’s death investigated as homicide, Virginia police say
- Clayton man accused of killing his children’s mother appears in court, victim’s family speaks out
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now