CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – The 2018 football season ended quickly for Clayton High School’s Stephen Lines. The defensive back broke his tibia and fibula in the first quarter of the Comets’ first game.
Now a senior, Lines hopes to make the most of his final season with Clayton. They’ll aim to build on a 9-3 season that ended in the first round of the state playoffs.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC teen, store clerk charged after 2 injured in DWI crash, officials say
- Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman’s ear
- Friends, supporters to celebrate NC man freed after being wrongfully convicted
- ALERT: Thunderstorm Watch issued ahead of Friday severe storms
- NC couple wins $1 million in lottery while celebrating wedding anniversary
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now