CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) – The 2018 football season ended quickly for Clayton High School’s Stephen Lines. The defensive back broke his tibia and fibula in the first quarter of the Comets’ first game.
Now a senior, Lines hopes to make the most of his final season with Clayton. They’ll aim to build on a 9-3 season that ended in the first round of the state playoffs.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Virginia snaps 3-game skid with 63-58 win over Georgia Tech
- Hundreds attend March for Life event in downtown Raleigh
- Man seriously wounded in Raleigh shooting, but is not cooperative with officers, police say
- Police officer fired after allegedly having sex with a suspect
- No. 9 Florida State rallies past Miami in OT, 83-79
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now