HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WNCN) – Holly Springs’ first drive set the tone for a win that saw the Hawks improve to 4-0.
Derek Coombs ran for 10 years, but Holly Springs found itself facing a third-and-long soon after. That’s when Brock Wills heaved a pass over the middle to Dylan Waskey, who hauled it in just shy of the end zone.
Coombs took back over from there to score on the next snap, giving Holly Springs an early lead it never conceded.
The Hawks led 14-0 by the time their offense got the ball back again thanks to a pick-six by the defense.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘Most ridiculous thing ever’: Officials split building in two to solve property dispute
- Buying a beer in Virginia? You may be unknowingly donating to a campaign
- Senate bill would raise minimum age to buy tobacco — including e-cigarettes — to 21
- Bill would require US companies to disclose job locations
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Coach disarms school gunman with hug