HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WNCN) – Holly Springs’ first drive set the tone for a win that saw the Hawks improve to 4-0.
Derek Coombs ran for 10 years, but Holly Springs found itself facing a third-and-long soon after. That’s when Brock Wills heaved a pass over the middle to Dylan Waskey, who hauled it in just shy of the end zone.
Coombs took back over from there to score on the next snap, giving Holly Springs an early lead it never conceded.
The Hawks led 14-0 by the time their offense got the ball back again thanks to a pick-six by the defense.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sen. Bernie Sanders heads back to NC ahead of Super Tuesday
- Gibbs scores with 0.1 seconds left, Irish beat BC 62-61
- Hughes scores 25, Syracuse blows out Pittsburgh 72-49
- Clark’s 3-pointer lifts Virginia past Virginia Tech, 56-53
- House passes bill to make lynching a federal crime, 65 years after death of Emmett Till