HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WNCN) – Holly Springs’ first drive set the tone for a win that saw the Hawks improve to 4-0.
Derek Coombs ran for 10 years, but Holly Springs found itself facing a third-and-long soon after. That’s when Brock Wills heaved a pass over the middle to Dylan Waskey, who hauled it in just shy of the end zone.
Coombs took back over from there to score on the next snap, giving Holly Springs an early lead it never conceded.
The Hawks led 14-0 by the time their offense got the ball back again thanks to a pick-six by the defense.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 10+ COVID-19 cases detected in Wake County Public Schools, but teachers or students not specified
- Comparing the Biden and Trump tax plans: Will you pay more?
- Initiative closes off some streets in Durham to give residents more space outdoors
- Phones, email still out after ‘cyber incident’ hits Chatham County government, officials say
- American Cancer Society still fighting cancer during pandemic