HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WNCN) – Holly Springs’ first drive set the tone for a win that saw the Hawks improve to 4-0.
Derek Coombs ran for 10 years, but Holly Springs found itself facing a third-and-long soon after. That’s when Brock Wills heaved a pass over the middle to Dylan Waskey, who hauled it in just shy of the end zone.
Coombs took back over from there to score on the next snap, giving Holly Springs an early lead it never conceded.
The Hawks led 14-0 by the time their offense got the ball back again thanks to a pick-six by the defense.
- California swimmer survives attack by great white shark
- 1 killed in broad-daylight shooting in Fayetteville, police say
- 2 lanes closed on I-40 near I-540 after truck overturns
- Officials provide update on shooting in Pittsylvania Co.
- Baby killed, child injured in southeast Charlotte shooting, police say