RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – There were many pivotal sequences in Cardinal Gibbons’ 30-24 loss to unbeaten Leesville Road. The Crusaders scoring on their first drive of the game helped them to a torrid start, even though the Pride was able to erase their deficit.
Star receiver Jacob Gill came up with an impressive snag early on in the opening possession.
The Pride had Cardinal Gibbons at third-and-13, but Crusader quarterback Andrew Harvey connected with Cam Duarte for 18 yards and the first down.
That led to Harvey and Cameron Noble linking up for the touchdown.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- “If it sounds too good to be true”: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic
- Live blog: Protests after Trump rally at Newport News, Virginia airport
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- Trump vows to designate KKK, Antifa as terrorist groups
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now